Skip to main content

Learn about our community outreach and services

The BCER's Community Engagement department is inviting land owners to be a part of our Regional Networking Group (RNG), a hub for the BCER to deliver bulletins, updates and any public events pertinent to land owners as they relate to the oil, gas and geothermal industries. If you join the RNG, you will receive the most up-to-date information about how these industries are regulated. You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback on how these activities affect you. Your participation and feedback is a valuable resource to the BCER and will help us stay informed.

Contact other agencies

Agricultural Land Commission (ALC)

The Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) is mandated to preserve agricultural lands and encourage and enable farm business throughout BC.

Farmers’ Information Service (FIS)

The Farmers’ Information Service (FIS) works to ensure rural landowners throughout the Peace River Regional District are provided access to manage their land and agricultural assets in order to mitigate business risk and maximize future economic opportunity, as it relates to interaction with the oil and gas industry.

Ministry of Agriculture (AGRI)

The Ministry of Agriculture (AGRI) is responsible for supporting the production, marketing, processing and merchandising of agriculture products and food; research, advisory, promotional or educational extension programs; and projects relating to agriculture and food.

Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation (EMLI)

The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation (EMLI) tenures subsurface rights to PNG resources.

Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (FLNRORD)

The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (FLNRORD) is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and natural resources, and for the protection of B.C.’s archaeological and heritage resources.

Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI)

The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI) plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund.

Surface Rights Board (SRB)

The Surface Rights Board (SRB) assists in resolving disputes when landowners and resource developers cannot agree on compensation or other terms of entry to land.

Canadian Energy Regulator (CER)

The Canada Energy Regulator (CER), formerly the National Energy Board (NEB), regulates electrical powerlines and oil and gas pipelines that cross national, provincial and territorial borders.

Still need assistance?

Get help with the process and make sure your concerns are known. Contact our Community Relations department or fill out a Stakeholder Written Submission form.